The lack of information and knowledge about medical cannabis leads to there being a great deal of prejudice surrounding cannabis and CBD for therapeutic uses. In this article we attempt to refute the myths surrounding cannabidiol.
- Also known as CBD, cannabidiol is one of the most prominent cannabinoids in the Cannabis Sativa L plant.
- One of the most characteristic and important properties of CBD is its lack of psychoactive substances. Unlike THC, cannabidoil does not cause the “rush” feeling commonly associated with cannabis. This gives CBD a medical advantage to patients who consume it because it has fewer negative side effects.
- The CBD has a wide range of medical benefits:
- The CBD does not bind to the cannabinoids receptors but blocks them instead. For this reason, it is able to reduce the psychoactive effects of THC.
- Cannabidiol is a natural product that can be supplemented with other elements. The best known CBD compounds are CBD oil, CBD creams and infusions or hemp teas.
Find out more about CBD here.