Cannabis flowers are sensitive natural products. Phytocannabinoids such as tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) and other secondary plant compounds, especially terpenes and flavonoids, are important for the medicinal effect.
These components can react with the environment under the influence of light, heat, moisture and oxygen. In addition to loss of effect, cannabis can mold if stored in damp conditions, which poses a health risk, especially when inhaled. So, like other medicines, cannabis flowers must be stored properly to ensure the safety of the medicine and its therapeutic effect.
Cannabis flower storage tips
- Keep in original packaging.
- Tightly seal the package to prevent terpene loss, oxidation and mold growth.
- Store in a cool and dark place at room temperature (15 to 25 °C).
- Protect from heat and sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Caution: Different storage recommendations may apply to cannabis medications in the form of cannabis extracts and finished medications. The manufacturer’s instructions or the package insert must be observed. Please also ask your pharmacist for the optimal conditions.